Welcome back to the new season of the Growing Small Towns Podcast! Oh man, we are so excited to be back with a routine and a schedule and new episodes and new things in the works, we just can’t even.
This episode is a solocast with Rebecca talking about loving on our locals—sure, we want to invite people into our small towns, but are we doing that at the expense of the people who already live there?
In this episode, we cover:
- Why businesses that mean it when they say “Our people are our most important asset,” are the ones who are going to be the most successful, and why our small towns should think like those kinds of businesses
- Becoming tourism-focused at the expense of the small town’s culture and residents
- Why we need to reward the regular Joes (and Jolenes, obviously) for the amazing things they’re doing—big and small—that make our small towns better places to be
- How we can increase the “20” in the 80/20 rule
- How the rule-enforcing entities of small towns (necessary!
- We need those!) can become less roadblock-y and more set-the-tone-y.
Links + Resources Mentioned How to Combat Apathy In Small Towns with Jeff Siegler: https://www.growingsmalltowns.org/post/episode99
Get In Touch Have an idea for a future episode/guest, have feedback or a question, or just want to chat? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A Note to Our Listeners: We are taking a break until mid-September because we are working on some big things behind the scenes that we can't wait to share with you. Stay tuned and follow us on Facebook or Instagram to get the latest news!
Subscribe + Review Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of The Growing Small Towns Show! If the information in our conversations and interviews has helped you in your small town, head out to Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or Spotify, subscribe to the show, and leave us an honest review. Your reviews and feedback will not only help us continue to deliver relevant, helpful content, but it will also help us reach even more small-town trailblazers just like you!